- Photosynthesis is one of many methods that allow living things to process energy.
- Plants are the main living things on Earth that make use of photosynthesis.
- Plants undergo BOTH respiration and photosynthesis.
- When there is light available, photosynthesis occurs: Photosynthesis allows a plant to use light energy to build its own sugar molecules.
- When there is NO light available, respiration occurs: Plants switch modes and use their newly built sugars in the process of respiration to power their cells.
- Photosynthesis requires a special molecule called chlorophyll.